Ten on Tuesday is inspired by It’s a Crafty Life…Basically, you share ten thoughts that are floating around your mind…I might do a theme some weeks…or pure randomness others. I already adore It’s a Crafty Life and Ten on Tuesday is a great way share some of those random eco-chic tips and thoughts that aren’t really worth an entire blog post…Thanks It’s a Crafty Life!!
This week’s theme is…
Getting to know Me (because I know you really want to…or you can just skip down a post or two)
1. I can’t wait to get started on my S.W.A.K. bags for V-day!! I’m going to get my bake on for the treat bags tomorrow (or at least get my butt to the store to pick up the needed food stuffs) and I’m going to explore our local resale shops to try to find some reusable items for the decorations!
2. I really really really want to find moscato wine in a box…It’s the most green way to transport and drink wine but it has been an epic fail thus far. Tiny Choices talks about it here and here (Like the author, I also regularly choose my wine based on the bottle art). So sometimes I feel guilty when I have a glass of wine…so then I must have another because of the guilty feelings…and then the cycle starts all over again.
3. I very recently had Lasik surgery and it is one of the best things that I have done for myself…seriously consider it if you haven’t yet. It’s eye-opening! LOL
4. I crack terrible jokes. Seriously. I am never purposely funny. Ask Paul.
5. People who litter personally offend me. I have a gut reaction of annoyance and wanting to pinch the perp’s ear and force them to walk the item to the nearest recycling bin. But I don’t act on this urge with strangers. Only friends!
6. I picked my Prius over a Nissan Z. I felt old and super mature for a while but I adore my Prius. And, btw, I’ve decided that the plural of Prius is Prii (Pre-I). And sometimes I do feel a bit smug about driving a hybrid…and then I feel a bit class-ist so it all evens out in the end.
7. I often question the quality of cat food that I feed Shadow…Doesn’t he deserve to be eco-chic too?? He may reject his little re-purposed outfits but he would probably enjoy some natural cat food…I smell an upcoming blog post!
8. I would be a serious contender on Worst Cooks in America. I can usually bake pretty well but cooking has always challenged me. I lack a natural sense of food or when/how it’s cooked. And I usually end up setting off the fire alarm…
9. I crossed two major events off of my Bucket List in 2010 – Mardi Gras and New Years Eve in Times Square. The waste associated with both is unbelievable but I had an incredible time! My upcoming travels include a trip to Austin, TX for a good friend’s wedding and then Seneca Falls, NY for a romantic getaway and a very anticipated trip to the Women’s Rights National Historic Park and the National Women’s Hall of Fame. Major dork, I know.
And #10…I spent about 3 months convinced that my life would not be complete without a Teacup Piggie. People who know me well remember this phase. I literally coo-ed and squealed over this mini bundles of cuddly joy every day. My brother started the teacup pig craze in our family after an episode of How I Met Your Mother. I’m pretty sure that everyone was terrified that I would actually get this teeny tiny farm animal and super excited to give it a cuddle. I’m just saying…they are pretty hard to resist. And we all know how I feel about pink after the last blog post…
PS – teacup pigs are actually a terrible idea according to PETA…very much a “fad animal” and easily dumped at the local farm…but still cute…in theory.
So to end my first Ten on Tuesday…a photo of my favorite tiny animal in the world…
And, ok, just to be honest, I squealed again before I pressed “publish.”