Have some time for an eco-chic event this weekend?? Check out one of these and let me know how it goes!
Click on the event’s name in bold for a link to more info!
- Kent Winter Farmers Market 9 AM – 12 PM
- 632 Temple Ave, Kent, OH
- Check out my post about my trip last weekend!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale (great way to purchase “new” books) 9 – 2 Pm
- Randolph Community Center, Atwater, OH
- “Make Mine with Ice” Annual Ice Carving Exhibition
- The Home Savings Plaza, corner of Water and Main Sts, Downtown Kent
- There will also be a Knitting Marathon going on in The North Water Street Gallery from 1 – 5 PM! Bring a hat or scarf to finish or start (new or experienced knitters!). All items will be donated to those in need.
- Great Big Home & Garden Show @ the I-X Center
- I’ve never been but it looks like there are some natural/organic/eco-chic vendors here. Let me know what it’s like if you go!
- Homecoming/Prom Clothing Drive all day @ Lake Anna YMCA in Barberton, OH
- Put your oldies but goodies to great use by donating your old dance clothes and accessories to this great organization that helps teen girls who cannot afford these luxuries still look and feel great at their school dances. What an incredible way to recycle your memories
- ZeroLandfill Akron 12 PM – 3 PM
- 30 N. High St, Akron, OH
- “is like a treasure hunt for local artisans and educators who come to reclaim unwanted materials” from local architects and interior designers.
- Looks like there might be anything from swatches of fabric to carpet samples to rolls of laminate or countertop samples
- I am SO excited about the possibility of upcycling with these materials! I’m 99% sure that I saw something about this over at Clever Nesting but that might be a lie…
- The Vagina Monologues is being performed at University of Akron at 4 PM. Not eco-chic but a fabulous event that celebrates and embraces womanhood AND helps raise money for the Rape Crisis Center of Summit and Medina County.
- The Market Path Workshops for Self Development 1:30 PM – 3 PM @ The Market Path, Akron, OH
- This week’s focus is “Career Development for Living with Nia Green”
I’m definitely checking out the Kent Farmer’s Market tomorrow morning…I have my eye on some of the antibiotic free and free range meat from Salt of the Earth Farm. And then I’m heading down to Akron for the Zero Landfill Event – SO excited! And hopefully, I will be able to support the women of U of A at Vagina Monologues on Sunday…looks like it’s going to be a fun weekend!
What are YOUR plans? Any fun crafts or trips in the works?