Bring on the deals! I adore Groupon, Living Social, etc. I’ve tried all sorts of restaurants, taken different classes (including Craft Akron!), etc because of these deals. It’s a fantastic way to learn about all of the fabulousness in your own city!
- Akron/Canton –$10 for $20 worth of Beads and Classes at Bead Boutique
- Not necessarily eco-chic in itself BUT learning different crafting techniques helps you to repurpose and upcycle items or fix the jewerly you have…so you reduce the waste stream! I haven’t purchased this one yet but I’m seriously thinking about it…
- Akron/Canton – The Stew Pot Kitchen. $5 for $10 worth of delicious soup with a green focus! I’m definitely scooping this Groupon!
- From Groupon…”Using seasonal ingredients supplied by the owner’s vegetable garden and local farmers’ markets, The Stew Pot spoons out fresh, succulent, and sustainable fare. The eatery keeps bills and eco-footprints low with a simple spread of veggie-laden soups and stews (small, $2.50; large, $3.50) lovingly ladled into compostable cups and bowls”
- Akron/Canton – $50 for a beer making kit or $75 for a wine making kit from Abruzzo’s in Kent! This is one of the most eco-chic ways to indulge in a glass (or two) of wine. You reuse wine bottles as well as save on the fuel to transport those heavy wine bottles. Paul has made wine before and it’s super fun – and delicious. A really fantastic hobby, actually.
- Cleveland – $15 for $30 worth of sports equipment at Play It Again Sports
- Cleveland – $38 for 30-Minute Organic Facial and Fruit-Acid Peel ($77 Value) or 30-Minute Acne Facial and Fruit-Acid Peel ($76 Value) at Docere Medical Spa & Laser Center in Strongsville
- I would definitely buy this one if I lived just a smidge closer to Strongsville! Let me know if you buy it and love it.
- Youngstown –$28 for Winter Car-Care Package at Tuffy Auto Service Centers in Boardman
- Caring and maintaining your car helps to keep it for longer…and puts off the day that you need to buy a new one.
It’s a huge day for deals! I’m going to check out Living Social and update over lunch…Enjoy!