Some of my favorite links are listed in my blogroll on the home page of Eco-Chic in Suburbia…but there are many more resources for your eco-chic needs!
Please email me if you know of a resource that should be added. This page is always a work in progress!
Farmers Markets – Current
- Winter Farmers Market – Kent
- Saturdays 9 AM – 12 PM @ 632 Temple Ave
- Countryside Conservancy – Bath @ Old Trail School
- Every other Saturday 9 AM – 12 PM
Farmers Markets – out of season
- Northside Farmers Market – Youngstown
- Lucky Penny Farm & Creamery – Kent
- Fruits & Veggies
- Basket of Life Farm (Veggies)- Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- A little bit of everything…
Local Shops with an Eco-Chic Focus (clothes, homegoods, fun stuff, etc)
- Rehab Vintage – Kent
Local Shops with a Fair Trade Focus (just for fun)
Natural Food Shops (I don’t shop exclusively at natural food markets but I like to pick up a few fun items when I do wander in…)
- Kent Natural CO-OP – great resource for local produce and natural & vegan products right in Downtown Kent
- Mustard Seed Market – Solon & Montrose Area
- Seven Grains Natural Market – Tallmadge
- West Point Market – Akron
Organizations focused on “greening” up NEO
- Grow Youngstown – Works to make fresh, natural foods more available and exciting to everyone with a focus on food equality as well. I went to a meeting of this group before I moved away from Ytown and inspired by their passion. Super friendly too!
Restaurants with a local/natural/organic focus in NEO
- Bistro on Main – Kent, OH
- This restaurant was EXCELLENT! While I don’t see this on the website, our waiter told us about how the Bistro trys to buy its meats from local farms and local veggies during the summer…hopefully it’s true!
- VegiTerranean – Akron, OH
- I thought this restaurant was strictly vegan (according to the website) but I see quite a few meat and dairy options on the menu. While it might be soy products, I’m just not sure…let me know if you’ve been!
Spas, Salons, etc – Feel and look beautiful!
- Anu Eco Salon – Kent
Sources for vintage/repurposed/upcycled finds
- Rogers Flea Market – My favorite summer destination! I’m there almost every Friday in June and July.
Sites (web and phsycial) to LEARN how to or be inspired to repurpose and upcycle your fabulous finds!
Vintage & Resale Shops